Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Going a little greener

I just finished reading the book Healthy Child, Healthy World. I now have the huge goal of making life for my children greener. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by all the information and starting a little bit at a time. Because dishwashing detergent is on everything they eat and drink out of, I decided to start there. Here is the recipe I used:
Mix together 1 cup of vinegar, 2 tbsp lemon concentrate, 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of baking soda (it will bubble so be sure to mix in a large bowl). If you want a dry detergent, leave out the lemon and vinegar. Still an excellent detergent. For dry, only use 1 tbsp.
For regular- use half of what you would normally use
Shake before each use
I will tackle one thing a week (minimum) and will blog about it each week.
I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment